Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

InkSlinger PR Presents: Beneath The Darkness by Cheryl Sloan; #CoverReveal, #ComingSoon, #TBR


Today we have the gorgeous reveal for Cheryl Sloan’s BENEATH THE DARKNESS series, designed by Hang Le! Check it out and be sure to sign up for Cheryl’s newsletter for release updates!


Title: Captivated by the Light 
Release Date: August 18th

About Captivated by the Light:


Determined to live life on her terms, Jenna Lachlan
focused her energy on growing her business all the while
flying under the radar, but fate had other plans.
Insert the sexy, assertive, and captivating Cameron Rijker
into the fold, and the stakes just got higher. He pushed
her buttons, decimated her comfort zone, and made
her yearn for a life she long since vowed wasn't
in the cards.
Their attraction was immediate, their chemistry
undeniable, and their connection unparalleled.
However, beneath the surface remained a secret so
big that Jenna would go to any lengths to keep
hidden no matter the cost.
The only downside to anonymity was that you could
never fully trust anyone but yourself.

Sign up for release updates!



Title: Blindsided by Darkness 
Release Date: September 15th

About Blindsided by Darkness:


With everything Jenna had worked toward at risk,
yet everything she'd ever dreamed of to gain, she had
to decide if Cameron jeopardizing her trust was
worth the risk of letting her guard down.
Getting involved with another man was never part of
her plan. However, Cameron wasn't just any other man.
He was the one. He was an unexpected ray of light
in an otherwise darkened existence.
So, when Jenna's past and present collide, and viable
threats emerge from the shadows, she finds herself
fighting for the future and a life she hadn't believed
she was worthy of until Cameron showed her what
it meant to be truly loved.



Title: Darkness to Light 
Release Date: October 13th

About Darkness to Light:


When Jenna's past was called into question, truths
uncovered, and a stunning secret revealed, her world fell
apart in the most earth-shattering of ways.
One so devastating and profoundly painful, there
was no escaping the hollowness that would remain
in her heart until she righted the wrongs of the past.
While Jenna was no stranger to a blindside, nothing
would stand in her way as she fought to reclaim the
life she rightfully deserved. However, being
confronted by one's worst nightmare, meant her
fortitude would face the ultimate test.
The problem with putting your life on the line was not
everyone would walk away unscathed.

Exclusive Excerpt:


“So back to an earlier conversation of ours, about you not being worth the hassle. Tell me, do you always make a habit of running from men actively trying to pursue you, or is it just me?”

“It’s just you.”

“Just me you run from, or I am the only man currently pursuing you?”

“Both.” I broke our eye contact, casting my eyes down to his chest.

He released my hand from his grasp and, with featherlight touches, ran the back of his fingertips down the side of my face until he reached my chin. Once your eyes met again, he whispered, “What has you so spooked?”

“I don’t trust myself around you,” I blurted without hesitation, completely surprised by my honesty.

“Have I done or said something specific to make you feel that way?”

I shook my head no. “It’s just . . . I’m not sure I’m the right girl for you.”

His hand slipped from my chin and caressed my back. “Shouldn’t I be the judge of that?”

“You can’t control my thoughts on the subject, Cameron. I’m not comfortable with the idea of submission,” I whispered, careful not to let anyone hear. “I know you promised we’d take it slow—” My voice wandered off, along with my justification as to why we couldn’t be together.

“Jenna, I’d like for you to trust me when I say I want the chance to get to know you better. I’m willing to negotiate my terms.”

“Negotiate?” My body language abruptly became standoffish. “Do you want to date me, or are these new terms you’re introducing into our business deal?”

“I find myself drawn to you in a way I can’t explain but I’m sure you’ve already pieced that together. You also aren’t the only one who is being cautious here.” His grip tightened behind my back when the bartender arrived with our drinks. He glanced his attention back to me and his hands gravitated to my hips, holding me close.

I pressed my lips into a shy smile as a slight giggle escaped me. Honestly, what did I have to lose? Well, everything, but for reasons beyond my comprehension, I seemed to be willing enough to hazard getting caught up in his web of seduction, despite the risks that drove my fears.

There was no denying Cameron was in my head as my thoughts filled with him taking my body to new unimaginable heights, a mental image that left me blushing in heat.

“Whatever you’re thinking about, Jenna, don’t stop. I hope that brilliant smile has something to do with me because I’d love to make you smile like this more often.”

I took a deep inhalation in and out and bit my lip as I gazed up into his gorgeous honey brown eyes. With my hand on his shoulder, I pushed up on my tiptoes and brushed my lips across his cheekbone to his ear. He was the breath of fresh air I needed in my life, the wind in my sails, and the flutter that caused my heart to skip a beat.

“If you’re lucky, I might enlighten you one day.” His jaw twitched against my cheek, and the corners of my lips lifted in response.

About Cheryl Sloan:


Cheryl Sloan lives an hour outside Toronto with her husband, two children, and has a love for all things creative. With the unwavering support and encouragement of her husband, she decided to abandon her comfort zone and pursue her dream of becoming a published author. When she’s not lost in crafting her character’s world or cuddled up with a good book and her lapdog Labradoodle, she can be found spending quality time with her family and hanging out at the ballpark supporting their favorite MLB team.

Connect with the Author:

Website | Facebook | Instagram | Goodreads


Hosted By:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below.