Author: CK Timber
Narrator: Ginger MacGregor
Length: 1 hour 15 minutes
Producer: Audiobook Empire
Publisher: CK Timber
Genre: Romance; Erotica
#Romance #Erotica #AudiobookEmpire
Jase is an average joe who lives in England, and Elizabeth, five-thousand miles away, lives in California. They met online and began writing to each other. It was an innocent exchanged. After a while, their pen pal relationship blossomed into a series of erotic rendezvous, both in pen and in each other's arms. Fulfilling their fantasies, they explore love from a distance and from the perspective of a thirty-year age gap.
CK Timber is an author of paranormal romance, cozy mystery, time travel, and epic fantasy adventure short stories, novellas, and novels. Along with her other works she pens the occasional collaborative novel with author Jesse Bond.
A horse trainer and massage therapist by trade, CK Timber jumped ship at sixty-five years of age to follow her lifelong dream to write engaging stories for the young and old alike. Three years later her bodies of work include clean, fun and adventurous stories for middle-grade and young adult readers, and cheek blushing content for adults.
Q&A with Author CK Timber
- Tell us about the process of turning your book into an audiobook.
- This has been an exciting time and experience for me. I love audiobooks and having one of my creations made into one fills my heart with a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- How did you select your narrator?
- Ginger MacGregor is the sister of a close friend of mine. I have followed her other performing arts endevors and trust her talent and instints. When she began performing narrations I was informed and there was no question in my mind whether or not to embark on this journey together with her.
- How closely did you work with your narrator before and during the recording process? Did you give them any pronunciation tips or special insight into the characters?
- I provided my narrator with photos of people who favored the characters, and discussed with her their nuances and style of speaking. She nailed it.
- Were there any real life inspirations behind your writing?
- Yes, most definitely. The story is loosely based on my own age gap and long distance relationship that had ended a few years prior to the writing of Pen Pals. Mine was much less romantically explicit, but the experience of building a partnership with a person more than a thousand miles apart fed much of the story.
- Are you an audiobook listener? What about the audiobook format appeals to you?
- Yes, I am an avid listener. What I enjoy, is getting lost in the narrative while doing other things. I’ve been known to listen nonstop for hours finishing a book in a day in some cases. I’ve listened to more than 300 titles.
- Is there a particular part of this story that you feel is more resonating in the audiobook performance than in the book format?
- The sex scenes I feel come through stronger in the narration. Ginger MacGregor, nailed the ooh lala of their tryst in the bedroom.
- If you had the power to time travel, would you use it? If yes, when and where would you go?
- One of my favorite genres to read and to write is time travel. Not so much the science of it, but rather the experience of it. Where I’d travel to is difficult to say. I’d like to travel back to one of the dinosaur eras to see what it really was like. Or, to some point in the future. Then I stop and think that if I could go back to when my parents were both still here, I’d give up the first to considerations to travel to a time where I could help them with their pain management through bodywork. Help them make better health choices. I’d at least try.
- If this title were being made into a TV series or movie, who would you cast to play the primary roles?
- Toby Regbo and Susan Surandon
- In your opinion, what are the pros and cons of writing a stand-alone novel vs. writing a series?
- This is a good question and one I run into a lot both with my own work and with the work of the authors I represent in my PA work. I love reading a series, and I love writing them. However selling a series to the public can be fruitless. If the first book hooks the readers you may have a percentage come back to read another instasllment. I have found that for most of my authors their third book and beyond in a series suffers dramatically in sales. It better be a really well written set of books in a popular genre that is not overwhelmed with massive numbers of authors.
- Have any of your characters ever appeared in your dreams?
- Yes in another novel I am writing the main character haunted me three nights in a row, until I finally gave up sleeping and crawled out of bed at 3am and started putting words down.
- What’s next for you?
- I have five books lined out to write over the course of the next year. Three novellas, and two novels. One of the novels will be in collaboration with my daughter, Jesse Bond, who is an accomplished author in her own right. It will be our second collaboration.
Ginger MacGregor is a storyteller with over 20 years of experience acting on stage and screen. She received her BA in Theatre Acting & Directing from Colorado Mesa University, trained as a classical actress with the British American Drama Academy and earned an MA in Applied Theatre Arts from University of Southern California. A native midwesterner who grew up in Wisconsin and Colorado, Ginger now lives in Los Angeles teaching voice and acting classes in between theatre, film and narration gigs.
Specializing in romance, Ginger’s strong, grounded voice shines in urban fantasy romance, romantic fantasy and paranormal romance, while her playfulness and warmth shine in historical romance. She is not afraid to bring the spice, and loves telling stories of characters tapping into their inner strength to be something greater than they thought possible.
When she’s not in the booth, Ginger can be found spending time in nature and with her animal friends, including connecting with her roots in the highlands of Scotland, playing in her garden, riding horses at her sister’s farm in Colorado and hanging out with her two kitties, Luci Fur and Maze.
At Audiobook Empire, audio reigns supreme, narrators are hailed as heroes, and headphones are worn with pride. Marrying pomp and circumstance with quality you can count on, Audiobook Empire is a full-service production house that produces and promotes audiobooks with gusto. Give your audiobook the imperial treatment by producing it with Audiobook Empire.
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.