Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Book Junkie Girls Presents: Rush by C.A. Harms; #BookTour, #OutNow, #NewRelease


Title: Rush
Series: Montgomery Men #1
Author: C.A. Harms
Genre: Contemporary/Suspense Romance
Release Date: Available Now


I was running from my husband, a man I thought I’d known. 
Running from the hell he had put me through. 
He’d nearly destroyed the woman I had once been and 
I would do whatever it took to regain my freedom. 
I would lie, and cheat. 
I would steal if it meant that I never had to go back there. 
I’d run and keep running… 
But there was one problem. I hadn’t planned for Ashton Montgomery. 
He was a distraction I couldn’t allow. Not if I wanted to stay safe. I had to remain distant, but he was relentless and had other ideas. 
I caved because I hadn’t thought it all through, not in detail. 

If I had I would’ve realized that you can only live in a fantasy world for so long before everything came crashing in around you. 
And those lives you’ve destroyed along the way, make you no better than the monster you were trying to break free from. 
How could I have been so careless? 
It wasn’t meant to turn out this way. 
But the Rush of my freedom took control and I forgot how important it was to keep the secret of who I had once been. 
And now I had nothing. 
Only the fear that the man I’d run from would find me again, and finish what he started. 


GET YOUR COPY NOW!





 




Readers Thoughts!

"It's raw, I am literally STRIPPED of emotion right now. It's racy, Ashton is SO FREAKING HOT, I swear I'm on fire." - Bookalicious Babes Blog 
"This book gutted me in certain places and made me laugh in others. But most importantly it was amazing.." - Reader Review
"Ashton Montgomery will steal your heart!" - Author Kaylee Ryan



EXCERPT!


She’d turned on her heel and begun to walk toward my office door when without a second thought I hooked her around the waist and pulled her body back against my own. She yelped, but I didn’t let it halt me.
The smell of her perfume mixed with her shampoo filled my nostrils, and for a moment I just took in the fragrance. I had never smelled anything more appealing. “Let me prove it to you,” I whispered. She was tense in my arms, and I knew I needed to tread lightly. Something told me that telling her I wanted nothing more than to pin her against the wall, reach beneath her skirt, and find the spot that drove her crazy would only terrify her. Yes, my usual tactics would not work on Kiera.


“Have dinner with me,” I whispered against her ear. “You pick the place and the time, anywhere you want.” I fought the urge to demand her presence, which was my usual method because most women I ran across said yes without hesitation.


But she wasn’t like the women I’d been with in the past.
“Today was refreshing after all the tension faded,” she confessed, and I felt relieved that she thought so too. But it faded as she continued to speak. “I think it’s best that we keep things between us strictly professional. I just don’t have room in my life for anything more.”
I felt like she’d just kicked me in the nuts.
“I don’t know what happened to you,” I said in return, and though she tensed in my arms again, I went on. “I don’t know why you’re so scared of giving this thing between us a chance, but I won’t give up. It’s not who I am, Kiera. I’m a fighter, and when I have my sights set on something I want, I don’t give up until I’ve won.”


I moved closer, making sure she could feel my lips against her neck when I continued to talk. “And you are all I think about. It’s quite distracting.”
Chills covered her neck and shoulder as she shivered in my arms.


Fighting my arousal was becoming more and more of a challenge. I was so fucking wired and turned on I felt like my balls were about to explode.
“I don’t lie, and I don’t hide the way I feel.” I closed my eyes tightly and tipped my head just enough that her hair brushed against the tip of my nose. God, her scent was pure heaven. “I want you, Kiera,” I confessed, becoming lost in her presence, lost to the feel of my body pressed tightly against hers. “I know that seems to terrify you, but I need you to know. I won’t stay away; I can’t. I want to feel you against me, hold you close, and hear the sound of your pants in my ear. I won’t lie to you, Kiera,” I reiterated. “I won’t ever lie to you.”
I pressed a soft kiss against the base of her neck, and for a moment she went stock-still. As if she was terrified of what I may do next. That thought left a bad feeling in my stomach. Did she actually think I would force her to do anything she wasn’t completely willing to do?
I slowly released her, stepping back to put some space between us. My own heart was racing, and she wasn’t the only one that needed some distance.
She kept her back to me as we both remained perfectly still, just calmly breathing. I didn’t speak for fear of spooking her. I’d already told her my intentions. I hoped that was enough.


And when she reached for the door, pulled it open, and walked out without looking back, I felt like she took a part of me with her. I sagged in disappointment as I listened to the fading sound of her heels clicking against the tile floor.



C.A. Harms is like any other addicted reader. She enjoys happy endings and HEA love stories. She hasn't always been a lover of Romance and had once been addicted to a good Mystery. Just recently she has taken on a new liking and now is a full blown Romance novel addict.

She lives in Illinois and enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. You will always find her with her kindle or paperback in hand as it is her favorite pass time.








Hosted By:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below.