Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 22, 2018

#BlogTour: Toxic Desire by Robin Lovett; #NowAvailable, #OutNow, #Live


Toxic Desire 
by Robin Lovett

About the book:

Nemona can’t believe she’s crash landed on the planet Fyrian with the brooding, golden-skinned alien who destroyed her ship and scattered her crew. She should want to kill him. But everything on Fyrian is an aphrodisiac. So she just wants to have him. Now.

Revenge. That’s all commander Oten has wanted against humans for more than a century, ever since they tried to destroy his kind. He never thought he’d end up in bed with one. But the desire the sex planet stokes for this human female is eating him alive. Keeping his hands, his mouth, and his vampiric fangs to himself proves impossible—especially when she’s begging him to touch her.

Nemona has no idea what endless sex with a Ssedez will do to her. But Oten knows all too well. They need to get off this planet. Before their coupling stirs an alien mating bond that neither of their hearts can withstand.

Purchase Link: 


Goodreads Link: 


---

About Robin Lovett:

Robin Lovett enjoys trips to alien worlds to avoid earthly things, like day jobs and housework. When not reading romance with her cat or spending time with her husband, she’s busy writing sexy books, which may or may not involve anti-heroes, aliens, or both. Her favorite surprise in the world, or the universe, was finding out other people like to read the same kind of stories she loves to write. You can reach her on Twitter @LovettRomance or on Facebook @LovettRomance to chat or share ideas about what to put in her next story.

Robin’s Scoial Links:

Author Website: http://robinlovett.com
Author Street Team/Facebook Group: Robin Lovett’s Romance Lovers https://www.facebook.com/groups/robinlovettromancelover/?source_id=983752978374151

---

Excerpt from Toxic Desire:

“The leather holsters crisscrossing his massive pectorals contain knives of varying lengths, sheathed and available for him to grab.  

He stretches his shoulders and flexes his chest. “There is a reason why your entire species is afraid of my kind.”

“Fairy stories.” I don’t care how bright gold and incandescent his skin. It’s penetrable. No matter what the tales tell about his kind being unkillable. I’ve got a laser gun.

He steps toward me. “Go ahead. Try it.” His accent is strange, his tongue rolling over the consonants in a thick burr.

I should shoot. Now. But my trigger finger hesitates.

I don’t want him dead yet. I need to find out, how did he do it?
How did he and his band of brutes get onto my ship without my knowing? How did he accomplish what no other army or species in the Ten Systems has managed to do—catch me?

I have to know. “How did you get on board this ship?”

He pauses. “You invaded our sanctum airspace. You must have expected retaliation.” His dark eyes narrow into slits so menacing they send shivers down my spine. I don’t know what species he is, but he fits the stories I heard in childhood: the Ssedez descended from serpents, glowing like sphinxes, with fangs dripping in venom capable of making someone a slave to their desire in one bite. Well, thank God, his teeth seem normal enough, so that last part is likely myth.

Something odd happens to me that has never happened and isn’t supposed to happen.

Not only am I not afraid of him, but I become aware, physically, that he is male, I am female, and that I haven’t had sex since…

I can’t remember.

It shouldn’t matter. I’m a general, a ship captain, a career soldier, with ambitions that leave no time for personal anything. Physical desire serves no purpose in my life.

But the ruthlessness in him, the ferocious gleam in his eyes—it excites me.

The symmetry of his bone structure alone is blinding. The ferocious angles of his cheeks and jaw are paired with an otherworldly elegance in the gold sheen of his complexion. I’m glad my helmet hides that my eyes are wide in fascination.
His hair gleams, too, like it’s laced with gold flecks. The strands hang to his shoulders, unbound, a contradiction. He’s an untamed beast formed with siren-like beauty.

He moves, his lethal muscles stirring inside that gloriously brilliant body.

“Don’t come any closer,” I warn, grateful for the scrambler that hides the shaking in my voice.

His body is physically distracting. Hard, like metallic hard, and big. He is all brawn and possession—the epitome of conqueror in strength as well as deed. And it’s not just his chest and arms. Even his thighs, outlined in black leather, are thickly muscled and bulging. It has me hungering for a glimpse of what is no doubt equally impressive between them. And wondering if what’s between his thighs is as godlike as the rest of him.

Apparently, despite decades of denying it, there’s enough hetero-female left in me to know if I wasn’t supposed to kill him, I would want him to fuck me. Now.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below.