Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Paging Through The Days Presents: Wrecked By Her by Kristie Leigh; #ReleaseBlitz, #NowAvailable, #OutNow, #TBR, #Live, #OnSale, #99Pennies


Wrecked by Her 
Like A Hurricane Duet, Book 1



Loving Jules in high school was easy—gentle and natural. But that was eight years ago, before she left town. Before she took off and left my heart shattered.

Now she’s back…with a kid I’ve never met.

A hurricane, that’s what she is—powerful and potentially destructive, yet so thrilling and intense.

If she leaves me wrecked again…I won’t survive.



Excerpt:

I looked down at my papers and breathed deep before starting. “Mama left us too soon and way too quickly.”
A sob broke free. Overwhelmed, tears fell again. I couldn’t do this. I closed my eyes and then looked at Hunter. I held out my hand, gesturing for him. He smiled and got up immediately to come to my side.
“I’m right here. I’ve got you,” he said and gripped my hand.
I squeezed his and turned back to everyone. “Mama left me a note. In it, she told me to celebrate her life. She would’ve been so happy to see y’all here celebrating together.” Deep breath. “Mama was so full of life, vibrant, caring, and just one of the best people I knew. She was always there, no matter what you needed.” Deep breath. “As most of y’all know, I have been living in California for the last eight years. I didn’t get to see her much, but we spoke often. I probably know just as much gossip as the rest of this town.”
Everyone laughed, and it was such a relief.
“Small towns and all that. She was a wonderful grandmother. I wish she had been able to see Calum more.”
“Me Calum,” Calum said from down front, and everyone laughed, again.
Hunter squeezed my hand, and I looked at him. He had concern in his eyes. I was so bad at public speaking that I knew I was just rambling. “Mama also told me in that note to live every day to the fullest. So, I’m going to do my best to live life as she did…with no regrets.”
I looked over at my mother, and another tear slipped free. “I love you, Mama. Bigger than the sky.” I couldn’t say anything else, but I thought I’d said enough. I stepped down from the podium and felt a little lighter knowing I was able to get through it.
We sat back down. “Thank you,” I whispered to Hunter.
He squeezed my hand and smiled at me, pulling me close.


PreOrder your copy of Saved By Him today!

US : UK : CA : AU

Don’t forget book 1, Wrecked By Him




I'm a feisty redheaded Canadian/American who fell in love with romance novels when my friend Phil bought me a Kindle and it hasn't left my side since.

My fave books to read are anything taboo and super sick and twisted, I'm not sure I will ever write anything dark but I would love to give it a shot one day.

I live in South Florida with my high school sweetheart and 3 kids.

I grew up in Burlington, ON, Canada but made the move to South Florida in 2013 and definitely don't miss the snow.

I'm not sure where this writing journey will take me but either way I know it will be a fun new adventure and I'm super excited about it.

Connect with Kristie:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below.