Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Jack's Christmas Wish by Bonni Sansom


Publisher:  Sizzler Editions
142 pages/208KB
Published:  November 11, 2011
Rating:  4 ½ stars

Lissa Monroe is dressed up like a very sexy Santa’s helper.  And she’s none too happy right now with Santa.  She’s shown as a very good daughter that takes care of family. 

Then Jack comes over to sit on Santa’s knee.  He then asks Lissa a very interesting question.  You will have to read this book if you want to find out what that question is.  Then Lissa meets Jack’s dad, Derek.  I have to say that I love Jack’s conversation with Derek after they leave Santa.  I can picture the whole scene – it had me laughing and shaking my head. 

It seems like there’s an instant connection between Lissa and Derek.  I loved how Bonni teases her readers about things to come.  This is what makes a book a real page turner.  If you want to read a story that has you laughing one minute and fanning yourself the next, this book is a must read.  I was disappointed when it ended.

I would have loved to have seen Lissa’s mother added to the mix.  Also, their wedding would be nice to see - I want to be a fly on the wall when they have their honeymoon.  I would then love to see Lissa and Derek expecting their first child.  Maybe Bonni will give us a sequel – one can always hope.

Even though this story has a Christmas theme to it, I find that you can read this book at any time during the year.  You know that it’s during a holiday but the story is more than that.  We get to see the beginnings of a relationship and how a woman falls in love with a little boy.  If you do not grab yourself a copy of this book, you will be missing out on a great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below.