Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Undone by Her Tender Touch by Maya Banks


Book 4 in the “Pregnancy & Passion” Series
Publisher:  Harlequin Desire
192 pages
ISBN:  9780373731688
Published:  May 01, 2012
Rating:  4 ½ stars

Please make sure to read the letter from Maya at the beginning of this book.

Pippa Laingley is catering at her friend Ashley’s house.  Cameron Hollingsworth comes in as Pippa is dealing with a fill-in waiter.  They seem to be indifferent to each other but isn’t that what puts extra heat into the story.

Pippa and her friend have an interesting conversation about what’s going on.  We also see how fast Cam puts the moves on Pippa.  They both know what they want and aren’t afraid to take the bull by the horns.  They both seem to have strong personalities so it will be interesting to see if it works for or against them.

I also love the conversation between Devon and Cam.  It’s a total guy thing as they discuss what happened between Cam and Pippa.  I also find it interesting that I’m reading a book where it seems to be set around winter time.  We’re currently having a heatwave.  It must be the “Christmas in July” thing going on.  The book makes you forget about the heat and humidity.  I could use some of the snow right about now.

Would love to hear this in audiobook form.  I would love to eavesdrop in on the conversation between Pippa and Cam.  I can hear them in my head but it’s not the same as actually hearing them talk.  In my experience with audiobooks you get one actor reading the book.  I would prefer to have two actors.  An actress taking on Pippa’s character and an actor taking on Cameron’s character.

Maya gets her readers really involved in the story.  Pippa and Cam are having a confrontation and I find I have tears in my eyes.  Maya forces you to feel what Pippa is feeling.  If you ever find yourself in Pippa’s shoes, hand this book to your significant other and tell them that this is a manual of how not to behave toward pregnant women.  They should always be cherished.

What a great way to end the “Pregnancy & Passion” series.  It’s also a great book to take to the beach with you.  You can enjoy your vacation and when you have a little time to just sit and read this is perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below.