Total Pageviews

Monday, June 18, 2012

Sara's Smile by Sandra Bunino



Bradley Publishing
Published:  May 16, 2012
73 pages; 312KB
Rating:  4 stars

Sara Wiley is on her way to work where she is an architect in New York City.  She’s been assigned to restore a home in Connecticut.  In order to get this project done, she needs to meet with some construction companies.  Today, she is meeting with Pennington Construction.

Michael Pennington is the owner of Pennington Construction.  After meeting with Sara, Michael is looking forward to working with her.  The night before the project is set to start Sara has a visitor.  Guess who?

Sandra makes this story one that would be a great read as you sit on the beach and look out over the lake or ocean (whichever is your preference).  You may also want to have some Hall & Oats music playing on your ipod or MP3 player.  As you read Sandra’s story you will understand why.  It also makes you wonder if that was Sandra’s inspiration.

As the story progresses, Sara gets the shock of her life.  She gets reacquainted with an old sweetheart.  But can we go back and relive the past?  Can the past affect our future?  As the story progresses, I had my thoughts going in one direction and then Sandra did a 180 that totally surprised me. 

I loved this story but Sandra has left me wanting more.  I want to see Michael’s story.  Sara’s story ends with the happy ending but does it continue?  Is there a sequel here?  Another good thing about this story is that if I have only a little time, I can pull out my e-reader and read “Sara’s Smile”.

(Sara Smile, 1979 version, by Hall & Oates)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to read and review Sara's Smile, Lynn!

    Michael will have his own story, It has a holiday feel so I hope to release it sometime in November. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandra for stopping by. I'm glad to see Michael will have his own story. I look forward to reading.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments below.